General warranty conditions of SUSHI Mobility GmbH for consumers / end customers (hereinafter referred to as "Customer").
Status July 2019As a customer, you have 24 months legal warranty in Germany starting with the delivery date of the bike. If the bike has a defect in the first 6 months after delivery, you get a replacement or the money back anyway according to the law. For the remaining 18 months, a so-called "reversal of the burden of proof" applies. But because we think that you should ride for a whole year without worries, we voluntarily extend the six months to 12 months.
This means for you: In the first year after delivery, you can contact us and we will replace the motor, battery or other parts, provided that the following conditions are met.
1. the warranty covers all original parts against defects in workmanship and materials (for example, if the products do not comply with the product description in the user manual or advertising for the product).
2. the warranty applies only to original owners and is not transferable. Claims under this warranty must be made directly to SUSHI Mobility GmbH (that's us).
3. during the warranty period, we will replace or repair the product that has a defect. If the replacement or repair is excessive or impossible or if the delivery is impossible within the reasonable period of time, you have the right to demand a price reduction or to demand the cancellation of the purchase contract.
4. during the first six months of your warranty, you do not have to prove that the defect was already present when you purchased the product, for the reasons stated above. If we suspect that we are being told untruths, we take the liberty of requesting evidence in exceptional cases.
5. the warranty does not cover improper assembly or installation of the product by the user, improper or negligent use, operation or transformation of the product, maintenance contrary to the maintenance instructions of the product (eg lack of maintenance of the brakes), normal wear and tear, defects inherent in the normal life or life of the product, which can be replaced by the consumer, damage or defects caused by accidents.
Even more info
For years of durability and continued riding enjoyment, the instructions in the owner's manual must be followed. Compliance is a prerequisite for obtaining the warranty and guarantee conditions listed below. In addition, SUSHI Mobility GmbH assures the customer, within the scope of the manufacturer's warranty, that the following components will be fully functional within the specified time periods from the date of purchase:
1 year warranty
Engine and engine control
1 year warranty
Battery (defective, if the capacity loss is > 40%)
1 year warranty with maximum 1000 charging cycles
1 year warranty
SUSHI Mobility GmbH reserves the right to deliver or install other, but equivalent goods when replacing components within the scope of a warranty or guarantee. In case of used parts SUSHI Mobility GmbH reserves the right to deliver or install parts corresponding to the age of the replaced part.
The term of the warranty claims begins with the date of purchase or with the handover to the customer. The performance of warranty services by SUSHI Mobility GmbH does not imply an extension or a restart of the warranty period. The warranty is only valid for the first owner in connection with the original proof of purchase.
In order to claim warranty rights, the affected product must be returned to a qualified SUSHI BIKES trade partner, to the warehouse location or to a location agreed upon with SUSHI Mobility GmbH. The customer bears the costs of the transport. The exact address will be sent to the customer upon notification of a claim.
In case of structural changes to the components of the drive system installed in the frame as well as to the engine and in case of interventions in the software, all warranty obligations on the part of SUSHI Mobility GmbH shall expire. In general, only costs that have been approved in writing by SUSHI Mobility GmbH in the form of an official cost estimate before the repair is carried out can be covered. Completed invoices that have not been previously agreed upon cannot be covered.
This warranty does not apply to exhibition items, test bikes, products that have already been used or similarly claimed prior to the customer's purchase.
We do not assume any warranty for defects resulting from incorrect storage after delivery. In particular, we point out that the charge level of the lithium-ion batteries in our e-bikes must be checked regularly and the batteries must be recharged if necessary. Details on this can be found in the operating instructions.